Quality Open Space
The Mettawa Open Lands Association promotes quality open space in the Mettawa area to maintain its rural use and encourages protection of public and private open lands. MOLA actively welcomes participation of all interested people.
Our goals include working for a Mettawa in which:
- Wildlife and residents rest as neighbors
- Public and private open space has been natively restored in harmony with wildlife, and to create pleasant views
- All residents are able to travel by bike, foot, or horse on village trails that connect to regional trails
- Residents thrive in a rural atmosphere where low density zoning is valued and legally protected
- There is collaboration with the Forest Preserve District and other conservation organizations to preserve quality open space